Job TitleWelding Technology Instructor
This position is responsible for individualized instruction in all phases of the Welding Technology Program.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Have a minimum of three (3) years successful work experience in welding/or related fields.
- Must be a good communicator with effective verbal and written skills; computer skills required.
- Must be able to organize and provide theoretical and practical instructional activities to enable students to become AWS certified.
- Ability to interact with adult and high school students.
- Must have a sincere desire and interest to teach as well as remain current in the welding profession.
Postsecondary training from a technical school or manufacturing school in Welding Technology or related field with AWS or NCCER certification preferred.
This position is responsible for individualized instruction in all phases of the Welding Technology Program. Other duties include coordinating curriculum updates, student record keeping, industry and student recruitment, placement and follow-up of program graduates and program budgeting. Teach all aspects of the Welding Technology Program curricula including gas metal arc (MIG), tungsten inert gas (TIG), shielded metal arc (STICK), oxyacetylene fusion (GAS), inner shield welding, flux core welding, flame cutting, brazing and soldering. Maintain appropriated records and submit timely reports. Assist in recruitment and placement of students. Maintain good public relations with business and industry. Performs related work and other duties as assigned.