3070 Hwy 64
Crump, TN 38327
1449 White Avenue,
Henderson, Tennessee 38340
The Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology (formerly Tennessee Technology Centers and State Area Vocational- Technical Schools) were established as a statewide system by the enactment of the Legislature during the 1963 General Assembly and operate under the Tennessee Board of Regents.
The contract for the first building was awarded in February, 1964. At the present time, there are 26 Technology Colleges which offer occupational training. Each college is designed to serve both youth and adults from broad geographic areas. This is in fulfillment of the expressed intent of the General Assembly that ultimately there would be a Technology College within reasonable commuting distance of every citizen.
In 1994, the Tennessee Legislature passed legislation changing our school's name from the State Area Vo-Tech School to the Tennessee Technology Center to better reflect the school's mission and due to training becoming more technical. And, in 2013, the Tennessee Legislature again passed legislation to change our names to the Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology.
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Crump began operations in 1965. The original campus facility was enlarged with the addition of a Technology Building in 1992. The school is designed to serve citizens from a broad geographical area and serves a six county area including Hardin, McNairy, Decatur, Chester, Henderson and Wayne Counties. It is located on an 18-acre tract of land on Highway 64, in Crump.
The Tennessee College of Applied Technology Crump is a modern training facility designed to simulate the occupational environment found in potential places of employment. The controlling purpose of the training offered is to prepare individuals for useful and gainful occupations, thereby enhancing their potential for employment.